Still more manly-like adventures on the Current River, 5-7 Apr 2002.
Current I and
- John made breakfast for everyone (eggs and sausage). He also made dinner
for everyone -- steak, taters, and bitchen bastard-berry cobbler. All of
it was damn good. Way to go, John.
- Dean helped cook some of the food; here, the eggs.
- Jeff and John enjoyed eating the above-mentioned breakfast, while Tom
pondered pornographic-sounding names he could assign to wildlife
we might encounter during the upcoming day.
- Dean encounters some gristle in his Pop-Tart.
- Gil didn't float. He spent the day sitting in camp, all alone,
staring wistfully at the rest of our chairs, and being serenaded by
rednecks in motorboats.
- Elsewhere, John, Tom, Jim and Dave prepared to get going.
- A sign at the little cabin along the river.
As far as I can tell, the condition of the cabin and its
surrounding area is the same as it was
five years ago,
except for natural weathering and perhaps a little more vandalism.
They must have quite a long "schedule".
- Jim fiddles with some paraphernalia on the little tree stump chair
five years ago).
- There was a bat roosting in the rafters of the porch.
- Same bat.
- Tom and Jeff are fascinated by their boats, while
John is fascinated by Tom.
- Dave and Tom geek out on their GPSes.
- Dean and Jim cook their wienies with the Cool Toy of the Day,
- "It's not too cold to swim over there, is it?"
- Actually it was, but that didn't stop Dean, Tom, Jim, John, and Jeff.
- The problem was not so much that Jim used nature as his toilet,
but that he did it sooooo close to the rest of us.
- Dave, Gil, and some feet.
- Gil, Dean, and Jim.